The Des Moines Ronald McDonald House is able to accomplish its mission with the help of the many relief volunteers. Relief volunteers are an essential part of the House. With the House operating 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, it is difficult for our staff to cover all the hours needed.
Here are ways Relief Volunteers dedicate their time:
- Welcome and register families
- Be supportive of families
- Provide tours
- Answer phones
- Assist with household chores
- Tidy up kitchen and share some hospitality
- Just be there when guests need a friendly face or someone to talk to!
- 3 or 4 hour shifts
- Weekly, monthly, evening, weekend, overnight
- Minimum 6-month commitment requested for continuity
- Invite a friend to volunteer with you
For more information or to schedule a time as an individual or group to volunteer, contact email@example.com